“Christmas Truce”: New single from SABATON
December 24th, 1914: Late On Christmas Eve, British Expeditionary Force heard German troops in the trenches opposite them singing Christmas carols and saw lanterns and small fir trees along their trenches. Messages began to be shouted between the trenches.
The following day, British and German soldiers met in no man’s land and exchanged gifts, took pictures and some even played football. It was a rare but magic moment of peace and harmony in the midst of one of the most atrocious events in the 20th century.
Today, Swedish metal heroes SABATON release a song about this outstanding event that is known today as “Christmas Truce”.
Check out the video for “Christmas Truce” here:
SABATON mastermind and bassplayer Pär Sundström on “Christmas Truce”:
“Christmas Truce was our highest priority when we decided to write songs about World War One.
Not only was it the most requested topic from our fans, but it was, for us, the most emotional story from the war. This song took us years to create since we wanted the music to reflect the mood honestly and it was a big challenge, but we feel we managed to write a song that captures the spirit of this day, over a century ago.”
“Christmas Truce” foreshadows the tenth masterpiece of SABATON, “The War To End All Wars”, that will be released on March 4th, 2022 via Nuclear Blast Records. Once again, SABATON will dive deep into the atrocities, miracles and happenings around WWI and take the listener to an emotional and exciting ride of 11 tracks.
Pre-order “The War To End All Wars” now:
The tracklist of the album reads as follows:
4. The Unkillable Soldier
5. Soldier Of Heaven
7. Race to the Sea
8. Lady Of The Dark
9. The Valley Of Death
10. Christmas Truce
“The War To End All Wars” will be available in the following formats:
– Jewelcase CD
– Limited Gold CD [Supporter Edition – various versions with translated booklets]
– History Edition [Digibook]
– Box Set [Mailorder exclusive, 2LPs, Earbook, 5 metallic DIN A5 postcards with embossing, 1 propaganda poster]
– Earbook [ltd. to 8000 copies]
– Black Vinyl
– Copper Vinyl [Nuclear Blast Mailorder exclusive, ltd. to 500 copies] *SOLD OUT*
– Fluorescent Orange Vinyl [ltd. to 500 copies] *SOLD OUT*
– Leaf Green Vinyl [Sweden exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Fluorescent Yellow Vinyl [Ginza exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Dusk Vinyl [Levykauppa exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Soft Grey Vinyl [Nordics exclusive, ltd. 1000 copies]
– Lavender Vinyl [FNAC exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Rosewood Vinyl [Mystic exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Fluorescent Green Vinyl [UK exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Pacific Blue Vinyl [US exclusive, ltd. to 1500 copies]
– Polar White Vinyl [NB US exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Dewdrop Vinyl [EMP exclusive, ltd. to 500 copies]
– Green cassette [Nuclear Blast EU exclusive, limited to 100 copies] *SOLD OUT*
– Grey cassette [Nuclear Blast EU exclusive, ltd. to 100 copies] *SOLD OUT*
– Red cassette [EMP exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Black cassette [NB US exclusive, ltd. to 200 copies]
– Crystal Clear cassette [US exclusive, ltd. to 250 copies]
– White cassette [Mystic exclusive, ltd. to 100 copies]
Pre-order “The War To End All Wars” now:
SABATON is a five-piece heavy metal band from Falun, Sweden. Since the band’s formation in 1999, SABATON has achieved quadruple Platinum sales and performed colossal concerts in over fifty countries.
The band’s ninth studio album, “The Great War”, released on July 19, 2019, is a musically rich concept album capturing the sinister atmosphere of World War I – thus continuing the band’s trademark style of telling unforgettable stories from merciless battlefields all over the planet.
Sabaton, signed to the world’s biggest heavy metal label, Nuclear Blast Records, played“The Great Tour” at major European festivals, and throughout North America, and Eastern Europe in support of The Great War.
SABATON has put the “COVID downtime” to good use, writing, recording, and releasing a variety of stand-alone singles and music videos. The band played its first post-pandemic date on July 9, performing in front of 40,000 fans when they headlined the Exit Festival in Serbia. In January/February 2022, they will headline a 29-date tour of Sweden, followed by the launch of the massive “The Tour To End All Tours” on March 4 in Norway.
As you might guess… There’s no end in sight for this unstoppable war machine anytime soon!
Check out the European tour itinerary here:
The Tour To End All Tours
w/ THE HU, LORDI
presented by Cobra Agency
04.03.2022 Norway Oslo Spektrum
05.03.2022 Sweden Stockholm Avicii Arena
06.03.2022 Denmark Copenhagen Royal Arena
08.03.2022 Germany Hamburg Barclays Arena
09.03.2022 Luxembourg Esch zur Alzette Rockhal
11.03.2022 Germany Berlin Mercedes Benz Arena
12.03.2022 Czech Republic Prague O2 Arena
13.03.2022 Hungary Budapest Arena
15.03.2022 Italy Milan Lorenzini District
16.03.2022 Switzerland Geneva Arena
18.03.2022 UK London Wembley Arena
19.03.2022 UK Leeds First Direct Arena
20.03.2022 UK Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
22.03.2022 UK Glasgow Hydro
24.03.2022 Belgium Antwerp Sportpaleis
25.03.2022 Netherlands Amsterdam Ziggo Dome
26.03.2022 Germany Leipzig Quarterback Immo.Arena
28.03.2022 France Paris La Seine Musicale
30.03.2022 Austria Vienna Stadthalle
31.03.2022 Germany Munich Olympiahalle
01.04.2022 Germany Cologne Lanxess Arena
02.04.2022 Germany Hannover ZAG Arena
04.04.2022 Poland Krakow Tauron Arena
06.04.2022 Estonia Tallinn Saku Arena
08.04.2022 Finland Kuopio Kuopio Hall
09.04.2022 Finland Helsinki Hartwall Arena
Tickets are available here: